Thursday, November 13, 2014

And so it begins...

There was a time when I could eat anything without gaining a pound… Then I became a mother. It seems as though after having my son my body has completely changed. I can no longer drink pop or stuff my face with junk food until my heart is content. Sadly those days are over, which is why I have decided to take the steps towards living a healthy lifestyle. I have tried diets, I quit drinking pop, I started the p90x3 program, and I have even taken on something I absolutely hated…running.

Let us begin with the dieting. I am not very good eating healthy. A few months ago I joined a support group for a 7 day clean eating challenge. I stuck to that sucker like a bug on a windshield! But as soon as that week was over and I didn’t have anyone judging what I ate I went right back to my old junk food eating habits. That is one of the reasons I have decided to start this blog, to keep myself motivated and stay on track.

 I absolutely loved p90x3 the first time around. I did the full 90 days, 7 days a week! However, because I didn’t stick to eating healthy and let myself use the “well I worked out so one won’t hurt” excuse, I didn’t quite see the results I had been hoping for. I definitely gained muscle and can see some definition, but I didn’t lose any weight. I lost 4 inches off my waist so that was a plus! I was proud of myself for staying with the program for 90 days. I thought that it would be easy to make it part of my routine for the rest of my life… hahahahaha that lasted about a week.

Since the end of August 2014 I have been struggling to stay on track. 4 weeks ago I started the C25K program. I absolutely hated running. It has grown on me. I challenged myself to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. I am very happy that I did. I signed up for a 5k on November 8th and pushed myself to run as much as possible. I won’t lie, it was very difficult! But I did it!!Now that I got that out of the way I’ve been slacking on the C25K program. I am hoping that this blog will inspire me to stick to a healthy lifestyle. I also hope that if anyone is reading this, they too will feel inspired to stick to a healthy lifestyle. I will be back every day to log my activity. Feel free to log yours too!!

  Special thanks to Chanin Metty!! Be sure to check out www.refuse2failfitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment